Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Weekend At Home...

This weekend at home was long and interesting.  This weekend I had the chance to voice my concern and love about some of my family relationships.  Not only was it a weight off my shoulders, I really think I got my point across and I hope that each and every person involved (including me) will take what was said and learn and grow from this experience.

The older I get the more I have to remind myself that I AM an adult and that I CAN make my own decisions.  I do appreciate and solicit advice when necessary, but I also have to figure out some things on my own.  THIS IS NOT A BAD THING!  I enjoy learning and growing as a person both mentally, physically and spiritually.  I feel as though I am at a crossroads in my life and this weekend, I decided which way to go.  It's a little scary I must say, however, adventurous at the same time and I am excited to see how this new person that I am becoming fits into my old life. 

I hope that those closest to me understand and welcome this women that I am becoming.  I want to still make a difference in the lives of others, but I have to begin with how I treat myself.  I am going to start taking better care of myself, I honestly DO NOT have a choice, I want to feel better and be able to do more.  And I believe that I have begun down that road; oh trust me, this is a hilly road and hopefully it will smooth out soon (once I get in the groove of things).

I do hope that those closest to me realize how much I love and care about them as not only individuals but that I also cherish the relationships that I have built with them as well.  I also hope that they will give me the time I need to make this transition smooth and understand that I might finally need some time to myself . I appreciate all the kind words of encouragement and hope that one day, everyone might see me as the woman I have become and love me as that woman.

I Thank God for allowing me to follow the path that will make me stronger and more durable, even if it's going to be hard, he wouldn't put me through it, if he didn't think I could handle it and I pray that each and every day I stand stronger and more poised as the woman I want to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment