Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Some Days Your the Bug....and Some Days Your the Windshield...

The older I get the more I realize how much I was in a hurry to grow up.  Always wishing and wanting and waiting and not fully enjoying my time as a kid.  Now that I'm 24, I sometimes long for the days when I had the summer off, no money worries, and simple thoughts of playing outside with cousins and close friends were enough to get you through any day.

I want to get back to those simple times in life where everything was okay and nothing could break your bond with those closest to your heart.  I long for the times when nothing but having a good time mattered and if you did fight with your sister, all you had to do was kiss and make up and continue on your way.  I want to see things as children see them, where most things are black and white, where there is wrong and right and that line is not blurred, where honesty is always the best policy and and no matter what, you always feel loved and wanted.

Although we can't go back in time, we do have choices in life.  We can choose to be happy with the decisions we make or we can regret them and live with guilt that encompasses our entire being.  Every decision, everything move, every calculated moment, we have a choice -We can choose to make the best of the situation, or we can choose to let it beat us down.  I personally choose to be happy and do what I deem necessary to make my life the best it can be.  Life is too short and too precious to let the small stuff stand in the way.  There are plenty of people who have it worse than we do and we should recognize that if there is a problem, that we should do what it takes to make it better. 

I know that in the heat of the situation it doesn't always seem that you have a choice.  But you do.  Take a step back, reflect and then make your decision based on what is best for you.  I know that it is easier said than done, but just remember, the way we handle things now, effects the way we handle things down the road. Will you build that bridge and get over it? Or will you die with that grudge, anger and hate you've been harboring for years?

Let it go, cause some days your the bug and some days your the windshield...          

No comments:

Post a Comment