Thursday, June 24, 2010

R.I.P. Rasin Rocket...1997-2010...

It's official...the Raisin Rocket was pronounced dead on June 17, 2010 after having several surgery's to keep it's temperature down.  Unfortunately the doctor's were unable to say what was the cause of the temperature hike, however, an autopsy is being completed and we shall have the report soon.

I would like to take a moment and say a few quick words in it's honor.

~Thank you raisin rocket for being a GREAT and AMAZING car for 8 long years.  For making it on all of those long drives back and fourth to Athens, for hauling drunk and obnoxious friends home, for taking a beating last year from two wreaks in a row (though neither were your fault), for having THE BEST gas mileage EVER and for loving me enough to keep going all these years. The Raisin Rocket was born in 1997 and had over 227,000 miles...You will be greatly missed...

After much thought and consideration, we decided it was best to let the Raisin Rocket go, it was tired and exhausted and so to much my surprise...I was picked up by a couple of FABULOUS people on June 18, 2010 and we headed into town to look at some other vehicles.  After test driving a few cars, I feel in love with a 2006 Impala.  And to pay homage to the Raisin Rocket, she is also Maroon/Burgundy.  She is amazing and she is an automatic - I'm in HEAVEN!!



She also has helped me make the complete transition into adult - I now have insurance that I'm liable for (which is fine) and everyone (including children) will feel safe in this car!!  Thanks to those who made it possible, this is truly a HUGE and EXCITING experience for me and I LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment