Thursday, May 17, 2012

Songs for the Soul

Music is what feelings sound like.  ~Author Unknown


Now, I don't know if anyone else feels this way, and its okay if you don't, but Music is the ONE thing that has always been a constant need for me in my life.  Its funny really, how certain songs allow you to feel the way you need to feel in certain situations.  I've actually always found it amazing that no matter my mood, I always have THE PERFECT SONG on my IPod for that day, that mood, that feeling. It's like when no one or nothing could ever possibly understand you, the way music does.  

Of course everyone has their go to song for sad days, happy days, angry days, and just plain ol melancholy days and of course there are those songs you jam out to with your friends in the car, the ones you dance to with your spouse and the ones that make you think of loved ones. 

Music is manna for the soul, singing and dancing and just listening to music helps me through the smallest or biggest situation.  No matter what the issue, I can promise there is a song that describes what your feeling at any given moment.

Anyone that knows me knows that I Love to sing.  
Now, I'm not saying that I would ever do it professionally,
 because that's just not for me, 
but I do it because it makes me feel good and its not really for anyone but me, 
but I enjoy it and I'm sure that anyone who rides with me in a car can tell you that I will jam out anywhere we go and love every min!  
So after much thought and prayer, I recently decided to join the church choir and I have to say, I can't believe how much I've missed doing something like that. 
 Being able to do something I love that will possibly touch someone in the congregation makes me feel like I'm doing my part. 
And though its a small part, it makes me happy.  

My love for music runs deep, its always been such a major part of my life, growing up that all we used to do as a family when we would ride places together.  I am so thankful that music has been an outlet and a peace maker for me over the years. I like to think that music helps create memories...kind of like a soundtrack for your life.
So go and enjoy music and let it speak to you when nothing else can.

Just remember:
 
 (hope all you music lovers get my joke - hehe)


"Music and rhythm find thier way into the secret places of the soul" ~ Plato



No comments:

Post a Comment