Thursday, May 3, 2012

Finally, the First Run

So it's finally that time...My first 5k
I will be running in the Knotty Pine Run for the 
Pine Tree Festival this Saturday morning.

Now I've started back to boot camp (2 weeks now) and have been running the pine tree course as well on running days, I have to say...THIS IS A HARD COURSE. Very hilly.
My best time so far is 40 min, however, I know that I'm not fully pushing myself and that on race day I will be (hopefully).  I think my biggest fear is coming in last (cause I'm really a SLOW runner), but my friend (and instructor) say that's not what matters - it's about finishing the race...which is easy for him because he's fast!! LOL - But seriously, slow and steady is my motto and I'm just excited about doing it.

Another thing I hope to gain out of this is a little bit more motivation, I've been struggling with that over the past month with traveling, birthday's, holiday's, etc.
AND I HAVE GOT to get motivated to keep working out and 
eating clean (which I have NOT been doing). 
So say a little prayer that this keeps me pumped through the summer. 
I'm definitely one of those people who have to do BOTH to be healthy.

So to end this slightly motivational, slightly depressing post that I've written,
I'm including this hilarious picture below to brighten up your day!
ENJOY!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment