Friday, December 10, 2010

Moving On....Time (Part 2)

I'm movin' On
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone
There comes a time in everyone's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days are gone...
 
 I movin on...from the past to the present and looking forward to the future.
As we grow older, there are parts of us that miss the 'Good Ol' Days' and we constantly try to get back to that or fill that void where those good times once were.  What we don't realize is that by constantly looking back, we are missing what's in front of us and therefore it passes us by.

I don't regret my past, each and every part has been an enormous growing experience for me and has ultimately made me the person I am today.  However, I'm tired of dealing with the past. I'm letting it go.  Letting go of the ones who hurt me, the ones who made me laugh, cry, made me angry, sad, happy and all other feelings.  I letting go of the times and places of things that try to haunt me, either good or bad.  I'm letting go of all toxic things, I'm letting go of grudges, I'm letting go of pain and sorrow. And I'm moving on to bigger and better things, even if only in my eyes.

Moving on isn't about forgiving and forgetting.  It's about accepting and letting go.
I can't wait to see what's in store for me and making new and exciting memories is what's waiting on the other side.  Looking straight ahead and looking up are the only places I'll be watching for a while. The more I write, the more I look forward to my future and what it holds in store for me and I've got to let it happen instead of holding myself back...and for that, I'm letting go and moving on up....(to the east side - hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment