Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Time and the Living is Easy...

So yes, I've been MIA for a couple of months over the summer :(
But I'm here to catch you all up and get back into the grove of blogging :) 

So here's what I've been doing while I've been away:

MUD RUN - June 16

WOW, what a FUN and CHALLENGING Day!!!

Donna and I did amazing and kept going through all the obstacles, I have to say, it was a little hard, but SUPER FUN! I believe I love these WAY MORE than a regular 5K, and can't wait to do more!
We were the Dirty Darlings :)
During the race

 Finished!!


 MISS GEORGIA 2012 - June 20-23

Miss Georgia, What can I say besides 
I am SOOOOO Proud of Our 4 Queens.

Although they didn't come home with the crown, I couldn't have worked with a better set of young women. Sydney did amazing and everything that we had worked on throughout the year really paid off, I hope that as next year approaches, they have each learned something new that will help set them apart and help them excel in their future endeavors.





Paleo/Weight-loss Update - July

 ALL I can say is WOW, this really works!! I have never felt better or more healthy on any diet I have ever done, and I can honestly say that I can definitely see this being a lifestyle change (even Agan likes it...for the most part) Although I did a super strict plan for the month of June, July was a little more lenient...but I'm back to the grind in August. Still doing 4-5 days a week in boot camp and still debating on the half marathon...don't know if I'm ready yet...we shall see :)

But a picture is worth a thousand words, so hear goes:


Week One, you could already tell a difference...


During this month I lost around 8 pounds and unfortunately I didn't count my inches. July, I lost another 5 pounds and I haven't gone and been measured yet this month. I can't say how encouraging it is to see this much of a difference, and I hope that by me posting these pictures, that it helps motivate others as well. I don't just want to loose weight, I also want to be healthy and if this is the way, then I'll do what I gotta do :)


Mountains Mini Vaca - July 19-22

We went up to Cherokee, NC for a little mini vacation and I really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and getting to spend time with the family.

Liliana Making Smore's

 This is Rabbit, Liliana's traveling companion (she takes him everywhere) needless to say, Agan and I started a little game where we take pictures with Rabbit :) HHAHAHA We had a good time with this and one day, hopefully Sykora can show Liliana all of these pictures, 
haha - We definitely all got a good laugh.


And Last, But Definitely NOT LEAST,

Miss Emanuel County/Miss Southeast Georgia Pageants - Aug 4

WOW what a ride, This year our theme was Queens of Pop and the show was dedicated to nothing but Michael Jackson music, moves and attire! We had the best time putting together this production.
We had a wonderful group of 26 young women vying for 4 titles, and boy were they amazing!

I do have to say that I am extremely sad to see our former Queens go, because we get so close to them, but I am excited for our new Queens and what they have to offer....
(SN: Each Girl knows that that they will always be "my girls"!!!)

So with that we crowned four beautiful young ladies and 
 I can't wait to see what this year has in store!

 Miss Southeast Georgia's Outstanding Teen: Caitlin Coleman
Miss Southeast Georgia: Colleen Stafford
Miss Emanuel County: Kaidy English
Miss Emanuel County's Outstanding Teen: Ivey Rowland


The Board

Kaidy and I - I'm gonna be her business manager for the year!

And Haley and I - Just one of the other lovely ladies I met during the pageant!

So That's pretty much been my summer - Lots of fun and hard work, but I'm excited for the fall and DEFINITELY Excited for FOOTBALL SEASON!!!
Talk to y'all soon! 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment